So basically our house was out of control with toys. So I got gangster on that corners of mountain of toys with a creative solution: a rolling toy cart. Take a look at my labor of love through the sunny weekends of April.
Why this is awesome:
- Half of toys are reachable, half are not. Why? Because sometimes kids get a little adventurous and go pillaging for a perfect toy, only to find nothing but the bottom of the toy box.
- The canvas bags are not see-through. That means that you can toss whatever you want into those soft buckets and you don’t have to look at the mess within. This is a huge deal for me b/c every gift the girls get now is actually a set of multiple toys. A toy cash register comes with 30 pieces of play money. A baby doll comes with three outfits. There isn’t enough time in the day to re-gather these toy sets and then place them tidely back together. It’s a lot easier to throw those little items in a canvas bucket and then go on with your day.
- The canvas bags can be brought to the floor. Seriously, my girls are thrilled when I lower new toys to the floor.
- The toy cart is on wheels. So if we feel like claiming this room for guests or a dinner party, we roll the cart down the hall and out of the way. Magic!
- Big hooks. Each side of the cart have long sturdy hooks that are there for all the things you never knew you should hang. No, seriously, I didn’t realize we had 10+ hangable toys until I got these magic hooks.